Monday 17 September 2012

The Hoot Toque

I wanted to make something super cute for my super cute nephew and when I came across the Hoot Toque by Megan Grewal I knew it was the right choice. Kids grow super fast and tend to be super active so I chose to use a variety of Bernat acrylic yarns (worsted weight). I cast on for 12mos - 3yrs and started knitting it up last night.

It knit up really fast. The ear flaps were easier than I imagined (it was my first time doing them) and the iCord too. At first I was a bit nervous about the iCord but I found many informative videos on YouTube and it was a cinch! This is now my go-to hat for gifts for little ones.

On a high note, I wanted to crochet the eyes, only problem was - I never crocheted before in my LIFE! So one late night, and after many failed attempts, I learned how to do it!

Hoot Toque


Keep Calm and Cast On, Until Next Time,

Ashleybobbi xx

1 comment:

  1. That hat is ADORABLE!! How'd you learn how to crochet the eyes? I don't know why crochet seems so hard to do-like it is another language or something!!

    ReplyDelete